Monday, December 14, 2009

Revising My GAME Plan

Revising My GAME Plan

In review of my GAME plan to create a classroom wiki to use to encourage community, parent, and student communication and to create a worldly technology friendly learning environment. Over the past few weeks I’ve learned how to create and administer a wiki. I’ve also gotten feedback on wikis from classroom teachers and fellow classmates that I can directly apply to my classroom wiki. My goal for the future is to involve more students and parents on the classroom blog. I want to start adding educational links, virtual field trips, web quests, and student work to the wiki to give students educational resources to check out and or comment on in or out of the classroom. The next time I create a GAME plan to improve my learning I will go to fellow teachers for advice and suggestions on resources and their thoughts on the topic. Having experienced classroom teachers to use as a resource is an invaluable tool because you can’t learn experience in a book. And they have tried lots of things in the classroom and know what works and what doesn’t work in the classroom. I look forward to continuing to further my education with these masters classes and available resources.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Zach,

    I am also interested in starting a wiki for my classes. I think it is a great idea to incorporate it into your instructional lessons. The only problem that I am facing is that my school district does not allow access to any blog or wiki sites. I am in the process of convincing the technology department in why the students should have access to these sites. I know that it is a great experience for you with your classes. You sound like you are very confident and proficient with using a wiki. As you continue to incorporate it in your lessons, you will begin to get more parent and student involvement.

    ReplyDelete