Sunday, November 22, 2009

Carrying out my GAME plan

This week I starting carrying out my GAME plan for is "collaborating with students, peers, parents, and community members using digital tools and resources to support student success and innovation." (National Education Standards for Teachers (NETS-T).

The resources I need to use to implement my GAME plan are a computer with internet access, information on how to create a Wiki, a classroom Wiki, student and community involvement in using the Wiki for learning and communication purposes, and a classroom Moodle account. It will also be important to rely on the advice and experience of IT staff and fellow teachers use of Wiki’s and moodle accounts.

Areas that I need additional information on are how to best utilize a Wiki and moodle site and if the Wiki should be student run or teacher run? I also need to research more information on how to get students and community members involved with the Wiki and moodle account. I also need to know what kind of access students and community members have to the Internet.
In my quest to achieve my GAME plan I’ve created a basic classroom Wiki and included the objectives that I plan to accomplish using the Wiki. My classrooom Wiki can be found at http://mrgrayclassroom.wikispaces.com/.

Cennamo, Ross, and Ertmer (pg 97) stress creating student guidelines for technology-enriched learning environments and how having guidelines benefits students. I’m working on establishing rubics and guidelines for student participation on the classroom Wiki which will have students post comments on virtual field trips, take turns inputting the classroom agenda and homework assignments, and displaying student work.

Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
National Education Standards for Teachers (NETS-T) retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/2008Standards/NETS_T_Standards_Final.pdf on

No comments:

Post a Comment